Sunday, December 08, 2013

Refreshing Schools of testing - A flow chart

I picked up this from one of my old notes  on schools of testing where I made a sketch in the form of some flowchart. While I was cleaning my book rack, found the paper with the sketch, I thought why not make it a blog post.

Starting thought  was about fundamental ideas about software testing especially in terms of objectives, tactics, outcome etc.

If you agree that there are differing "opinions" about software testing amongst practitioners, stakeholders and other parties in software eco-system - follow through the flow chart and see where you end up. Let me know your views on this.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Shrini, thanks for a thought provoking post.

Unfortunately I believe I am missing something fundamental to the logic or reasoning behind the flow chart.

I don't understand the relevance of the questions or the resultant endpoints.

Do the "So what" endpoints relate to my world view of testing?

Thanks,

Duncs

Estimation said...

Impressive post. Its really interesting.

Estimation

Anonymous said...



I’m not certain where you are getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time finding out more or figuring out more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be looking for this info for my mission!. We are providing Online Training